Friday, May 2, 2008

Mayday aka 五月天Concert (Part 1)

Being a fan of Mayday so of course there will be a blog on it... =)



I splurge again for their concert. This is the 2nd time that I bought their most expensive tickets which I think is the most worth it concert. First time when I attended their concert - Final Home 當我們混在一起世界巡迴演唱會 in 2005, all the concert goers stood up and wave with light stick in hand and it was like that all the way to the end. Everyone was high all the way and I scream and cheered for them all the way to the end of concert.

I remember a diver friend, Bernard who got me interested in this band. He bought their "farewell" concert CDs, becos 3 of them had to be enlisted to serve their country and the other 2 guys further their education in music. Before they got enlisted, their popularity was spreading fast and wide. After their enlistment, the 5 of them gathered again and started to put their heart and soul into making music and from then on, they were unstoppable.

You might ask "Why I like this group so much?" Well, they are super talented, funny, and their passion in music makes my heart flutter. Ashin, the main lead singer besides singing, composes song, write lyrics, arranges the music, plays the guitar, studied architecture in University and to me the cutest of all. He also wrote songs for some of the famous singers. Most of their songs are quite rock and upbeat but their less upbeat songs are also wonderful to the ears. You should listen to the lyrics. It is meaningful. Go read the lyrics to the song - Yang Cong (洋葱 )aka Onions in Chinese and Gong Lang (憨人)aka Foolish Man in Min Nan Dialect (similar to Hokkien). Interesting song title isn't it ? The lyrics are meaningful !!



Oh yes, he is a saggi and so am I ... He is born on 6 Dec 1975.... =)

No comments: