
Was out having lunch with friends today. She was eagerly checking what is the better brand of laptop - Lenovo or Fujitsu. Her "company" is giving her a laptop so that she can work while overseas. The other friend commented that it means that the company would expect her to work from home and more like everywhere and everytime. I agree.
I believe in "no free meals in this world" so when a company give you a laptop, it means they expect you to work from home. If they give you a PDA, I guess they expect you to work 24 hours and action immediately.
It sets me thinking. Yeah, it is nice to have a laptop "given", and ego swells, but is it worth it? Is it worth risking the full rest when I get back home and during the weekends. As I reflect, my one and only thought is this - My rest is important to me. Without a healthy body and a restful mind, how to continue the fight next week.
I believe in "no free meals in this world" so when a company give you a laptop, it means they expect you to work from home. If they give you a PDA, I guess they expect you to work 24 hours and action immediately.
It sets me thinking. Yeah, it is nice to have a laptop "given", and ego swells, but is it worth it? Is it worth risking the full rest when I get back home and during the weekends. As I reflect, my one and only thought is this - My rest is important to me. Without a healthy body and a restful mind, how to continue the fight next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment